Saturday 5 May 2012

Surrender.

I had realize that I haven't been surrendering all I have, all I am, all to Christ.
I had been holding on, with a tight grasp on things that I love, things that I want to have control over. I didn't want to have no control over anything. I wanted some sense of control, some sense of ownership over this life of mine. But trusting God meant that I let everything go. Place all my fears, my worries, my burdens, all to Him. And trust Him completely. To know that my future, is in His hands, and whatever He has for me, is in accordance to His Will, and not mine.

I've been holding on to ownership of this life that's not even mine to begin with. This life that was ransomed and bought with the precious blood of Christ. A price paid with the life of a sinless man, the life of the Son of God himself. And yet, with this life that is not even my own, but this life that is owed ALL back to God, yet I still can't fully trust Him. Yet, I'm still holding on to earthly things that has become my treasure, when it is commanded that I not store up treasure of the World, but treasures in Heaven.

The Gospel Of Christ is insulting to some people as it teaches that we are all sinner. We all deserve death, and wrath and hell. That surely isn't a nice thing to hear. But the Gospel sure do change people. it separates people and families. But in the end, it brings glory all back to God Himself.

It's tough. and I do feel like I'm alone in this matter. But I know I'm not. I'm afraid, because I too, am human with feelings. I'm terrified. I really am.

Help me, to surrender all.

Hannah

No comments: