Sunday 13 March 2011

Numbness

Sometimes things don't come easy for some of us.
We don't make friends so easily;
We don't smile so often;
We don't see the joy of the world so much.

Sometimes we hold back the pain, until it become part of us.
When i was hurt, i took the pain, until it became part of me.
I was numb to it, and trust me, that was the worst feeling in the world.
I kept everything in, I didn't know what to do.
But by doing that, i trusted God through it. And He brought me through all of it, taking it one step at a time.

God, is love, but He is also Holy, and one day, soon. He'll be judging us, and we have to make an account of what we did with the time, the talent and the resources He provided for us.

The quake in Japan that happened just a couple days ago, it shook me.
What if, God comes back? What have i done in my lifetime that points to Him?
Have i made my life count to Him?
Did i really used everything He gave me, to bring Him the glory that He deserve more than anything?

And i haven't. I was too busy, working for worldly success. Always just telling God that maybe after I finish my studies, i'll do His work.
I thought about how and why was i working for the world, and not for Him.
I thought about unready am i, if God were to come tomorrow, or at the next hour.
I thought about what i would say to Him
I thought about what I'd say if He asked what did i do with all the talents, and time He gave.
I thought about how blessed i was

So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
In awe of the One who gave it all;
So I'll stand, my soul Lord, to You surrendered;
ALL, i am, is Your's
-The Stand ; Hillsong United.

Hannah

No comments: