Sunday 5 December 2010

Different.

Growing up, i've tried all i could to fit in. until it came to the point that i probably could never.
i've got close friends sure,we talked and all, about all sorts of things, but it somehow feels like im worlds apart from them all.
i'm not that pretty girl, im not that smart girl, im not the really social girl, neither will i be that emo girl.
i've tried to be all of them, i did, and over the years, i just got to know that im not any of the above and i've been able to accept that i'll never be like any of them.

Last year was definitely a really tough year for me, and i couldnt go to anyone. it isnt the fact that no one bothered about me, in fact it was the total opposite, i was too afraid of bothering people by telling them about it. but the brighter side of it was that it really brought me closer to God. since i was too afraid to talk to people, i turned to God instead, and that really helped me.

my point is that, no matter what 'category' of people you are, or even is you've just mixed up and dont know what to do, you are, who you are and just be thankful for that.
after all the fitting in and trying, i've never felt more comfortable in where i am now. i might not always feel happy about myself, but i'd rather be myself than anyone else.

If fitting in means to fake my whole life,
then i guess i'll be better off alone.

Hannah

No comments: