Sunday 8 July 2012

High School.

I miss them.  I miss these people whom I have been with for more than 3-4 years of my life.
They know me, they know what I’m feeling and they know how to deal with me even when I don’t know what’s going on in my own life.

Its different without them, but yet everyday I’m trying to survive. I’m trying hard not to compare them with people that I’ve just met, because it isn’t fair. They had years beside me to know me, and new friends now.. they’re just not the same.

They left me alone for days, then come back, wondering if I’m okay when all they did was left me alone to lick my wounds. These high schools friends that I’ve bonded with, I know, that they would never leave me alone. Even when I’m in one of my moods and just want to be alone, they would be there, just for me.

They know all the right words to say to me. They know my thoughts even when I don’t say anything. They encouraged me and believed in me when I don’t believe in myself. They are most confident in me when I have the least self confidence.

Yet, despite all my moods, craziness, tears, laughing till our sides hurts and random bursting out in songs, they love me, for who I am, not who I want to be, not who they want me to be.

Things are just.. different, without them by my side. 

Hannah

No comments: