Tuesday 14 February 2012

Never Good Enough.


" I'm not good in anything, I'm not incredible at sports, or an athlete. I'm not excellent in my academics, I'm not talented in music nor do I play any musical instruments like a pro. I'm not sociable and i get mad easily. I'm too emotionally connected and certain things that people say keeps me thinking about it for weeks, not just days, but weeks. I feel like I'm never gonna be good enough. I'm never gonna be someone people want as a part of their life. I never got any achievements that I could really be proud about and I just wished that there was something, something that I can actually do, something that I'm really good at, something that people will turn to me and finally tell me, 'good job.' And I'm wishing on something that is probably never going to happen. But I'm just wishing, you know?"

:'(

Why do we keep trying to build up treasures on Earth? Why do we store up on things that will not last forever? Why do we search for things to fill our void when only one person can really satisfy? Why am I doing that?
Wouldn't it be a greater and much more wonderful thing to hear our Lord God, the one who created us tell us, "well done, good and faithful servant."? We are constantly looking for ways to please ourselves, but what are we doing to please God? How is our actions pleasing to Him? How does our actions point to Christ? We're just pointing to ourselves, wanting the glory all back to us and not to God when He really deserve ALL glory. Why should He not? He created you, He gave you talents, He cleansed you from your sins. But all that Christ had sacrificed, doesn't seem to be enough for us.

I'm upset with the fact that I lost my temper, I'm upset that I can't help everyone who is hurting. I'm upset that I can't even keep my friends. Then again, why is everything about me? Christ has a plan and whatever it is, I should rejoice instead. I just.. I can't believe I lost my temper.

Hannah

2 comments:

jue said...

it's really not about ourselves huh?
encouraged by your honest post, hannah! lets keep our eyes on Christ..

joel ngui said...

just wanna encourage you.
i can say i feel very similar to what you feel sometimes.
but yup, don't worry. its all about Christ.
remember.. Gospel!