Sunday 5 February 2012

Eighteen.

My eighteen birthday wasn't as grand as others would be. But it didn't matter.
I spent my day doing homework as the weekend before i was away.
What is the significance of being eighteen? Even I'm not to sure. But going through a month of college, I'm exhausted.
Piled up with home works and things to do, I'm not even sure what to do anymore.

I'm struggling through this time, and there is only ONE solution, Christ.
However things are, Christ is sufficient. or HE is suppose to be sufficient, but because of our sinful desires, our constant pleasures to be of the world that causes us to keep filling our void with things that are not from God, instead we fill it with things of the world when really, we all have that one precious thing. we have Christ as our saviour. And I need to remember that, because when everything fails, God doesn't. And I need to trust him.

Have you ever prick your finger on a needle? scrape your knee when you fell, it hurts doesn't it?
Now imagine a nail, penetrating through your wrist as you hang on it. 2 wrist, 2 nails, and another 2 more going through your feet. As you hang, people watch you die.
Many times, people don't think about the cross, I too, am so guilty of it. We don't want to think about the Cross because it reflect on our wrongs. But we don't realise that the Cross also reflect on how worthless and how we are nothing and Christ is everything.

When are we going to realize that Christ is enough, that He is sufficient?
When am I going to realise that?

Hannah

1 comment:

Your dearest stalker said...

I think thy used one nail for his feet. Good read BTW.