Sunday 5 June 2011

Predictability.

I don't know about you guys, but words can be a really powerful thing.
self confidence is built by what you hear about yourself from other people.
If all you're hearing is something negative, obviously, you'll feel down about yourself, thus leading to low self-esteem.

I'm terrified of words, terrified that whatever I'm saying, or whatever I'm going to say might just hurt someone, not just hurt, but even scarred them.

When someone keep saying something about you, soon enough, you'll take that lie and turn it into truth. Maybe it's because you're just so tired of them saying that about you, maybe you just want to shut them up. But whatever it is, you'll soon think that they might be right about you.

Why do we trust other people instead of our own opinion?
Why do we look for comfort in others instead of going to our Creator?
Why do we keep seeking to please the world and not The One who Holds the world?

I'm struggling with pleasing the world, i'm struggling with always thinking about what the world would think about me. I'm human too. And by God's grace, maybe one day, I'll seek to please Him instead of the world. Maybe one day, I'll look for comfort in God.

What, can be better than that?

Hannah

No comments: