Tuesday 27 August 2013

Humility.

3a.m inspirations. 
Thank You, God.

Been thinking a lot on humility and humbleness. It's an amazing thing that only some people have, and I really look up to those who live their lives with such humility and grounded in the Word of God. 
Humble people are great people to talk with, to open up to and to share your hearts out with them. Why? They don't judge, they don't be-little you because of some problems you're facing, they don't think any less of you. Instead, they try to help. It's funny how open someone can get with a person that is humble in their hearts, though they both are not even close friends, but merely friends.

And I've been thinking, what makes them different? What makes these people so easy to connect with, to talk to, to just lean on them a while? And it dawned on me. They don't think less of you because they too, realize that they are sinners. And your sins isn't bigger than theirs. Hence, they judge less. 

Too many times, we,(myself included) judge people because we think that their sins are waaaaay more "unforgivable" than ours or that they have done way worst than us, we forget that we are all sinners, in need of a Saviour who has came to save us on Calvary. We judge others because we see the speck of dust in their eyes but neglect the log in our eyes! (Matthew 7:1-5) Oh what hypocrites we are! God, please forgive our hardened and judgemental hearts! 

We all sin, we are all sinners. Though each and everyone of us sin differently, it doesn't make us any more "holy". But only by the blood of Christ that had cleanse us. 

Do we be-little others to make them feel bad or guilty so that we can feel better? And what for? For some temporary "bliss" that we get? Is that worth it? Not one bit! In fact, in my opinion, it only encourages boasting and pride-fullness. And neither of that is any qualities of Christ.

The lack of humility had cause plenty of trouble with each other, especially among believers. It causes friendships between believers to be "white-washed" and surfaced. Not able to go deep enough to help each other out. But relationships between believers should! They should be able to edify one another and grow together, to build each other up in faith, not tear them down! 

How is your sins, bigger than mine? It isn't! Sins are still sins, it is still our sins that sent Christ to the Cross, It is our sins that nailed Him there. It is my sins, that had caused all the pain and suffering and the torture that a sinless man, the Son of God, had to endured. It was my sin, that "helped" Him to the Cross. And it was nothing on my part to deserve such grace to be alive and blessed today. It was nothing on my part to have done, all that I've done throughout my life. It is the undeserving grace shown by the Father, the willingness of the Son, and the conviction of the Holy Spirit that I am who I am today. And it's a constant struggle to grasp the depth of that, in a world where I am so blessed. 

It was grace that I did not deserve, Imagine a father who forgives a murderer who had killed his only son, his only child. Imagine the love shown there. And it's so much more, because it isn't just any father, but it is God and His Son. It takes so much humility to do what Christ had done here on Earth, to be beaten and torn apart not because of Himself, but because of us, because of me! 

There's so much to learn, so much pride to let go of, so much ego to release, so many things to be so grateful for, so much further to go, to truly understand and learn the humility Christ had. And if the Lord Wills, I do pray, that I might someday, be that person whom people can count on, without feeling like they're being judged. But most importantly, if He wills, I pray, to be able to plant seeds among the people I've met, and will meet. 

Hannah

No comments: