Wednesday 14 August 2013

Grace

Results are coming out tomorrow, and after a great week of learning last week, there's just so much peace in myself regarding this big day tomorrow.
Learning on how even Christ submitted to God's Will on the Cross and being reminded on how God has given to me the greatest of all gifts, which is the Holy Spirit. Really, how much more do I really need? 

I remember writing about God's Will and how too often we take for granted the prayer of Jesus, saying "Not my will, but Your's be done." And this couple of weeks reminded me of it. Blogpost here.

So earlier this week, I managed to spend some time alone, thinking and reflecting about the big results day tomorrow and coming to a conclusion that truly, there can only be good news or greater news, as the best news has been delivered when God's wrath was satisfied on the Cross through one atoning death. 

Though there was no back up plans towards my education, for the past week, I felt safe, secure and grounded because of Christ and God's amazing grace and love in my life. For the first time since my exams passed, I truly am convicted that "if it doesn't work out, God has better plans for me."

God doesn't give us what we want, but what we need.

And that's so true, do we want Christ? Absolutely not! We are happy drowning in our own sins and lust and worldliness, not knowing that these sins are leading us to our own grave, not knowing that as we fall deeper and deeper, we are actually digging our own grave to die in, not earthly grave, eternal grave. And that is so scary.

But what we do need is Christ, and God gave us Christ, He gave us something we don't want, but we absolutely need for the sake of our lives! Quite literally! And Christ had so obediently obeyed and submitted to the Will of Cross, up to the point of death. How amazing is the love shown upon the Cross for us, mere sinner who not just rejected Christ, but despise Him to the very core!

Oh, how much love that has been shown for us! We don't realise it, but we're literally drowning in the love of God, and yet we find it so hard to love Him! We usually love people because of how nice they treat us, or how loving they are to us. But God, who had shown unconditional love and the greatest love of all to us, yet somehow, we don't love Him as much. Why?

Why do we still crave for the world as if we should belong when we have found the greatest treasure who is Christ? Why do we complain that we don't have good role models when the perfect role model can be found in the Bible? Why do we worry and think that God doesn't know what we want when He has already given us the best? Why do we fear the temporary, but not the eternal? Why do I do that?

Committing all unto the Lord, because really, what do I know, that He doesn't?(Nothing.)

Hannah

No comments: