Sunday 14 July 2013

Solitude.

I love my own solitude, maybe even too much. When I feel as though someone had barged into my own personal space(and I do require quite a large radius of personal space, most of the time) I just, shut myself off to everyone else because of that one person, because of how uncomfortable I am when someone invades my own space. And it's bad, because I'm cutting myself off from everyone because I feel the need to , well, "replace" the intruder's action by getting more personal space even if it means that I block some people out of my life. . 

I've had a couple of blogpost, saved in drafts written about a couple of weeks ago. Unpublished as my thoughts were scattered and I couldn't come to a conclusion. 

The last couple of weeks I've spent, mostly by myself, to think through plenty of things, maybe even a little bit of self discovery. Thoughts about friends, church,cell group, members, and singlehood. Life, in general. 
Being stuck in a weird and awkward position that I currently am in right now, is a feeling that I absolutely dislike. I like knowing things ahead of time, to be prepared mentally and emotionally, but now, I can't even tell where I'll be at in two months, and obviously being one with lists and plans, that.. isn't working too well for me. 

But through this unforeseen future, I think personally, it builds up a trust in God about your future. This is the point of time where you equip yourself spiritually so that whatever or wherever you go in the future, you know that your only future is in Christ alone. And that is something that I too, have to remind myself, and I don't remember that frequently enough. There will always be a longing to want to be a part of the world because its so.. interesting and luring, but I am reminded that as a Christian, what is your main aim in life? Not to write blogs about how interesting your day has been(I'm not saying that it is wrong.), but it is to spread the gospel, and love people as Christ loved us. 

I have learnt that without a genuine love for Christ and a love for God, you could never love God's people for very long. Trying to love people isn't a "2-weeks plan" or even a "2-year-goal" but it last a lifetime. That's a lifetime of love you have to give, and if there is no love for Christ and the gospel, it would then become a conditional love that dies down when things get tough. And loving people, especially difficult people is hard, but the love for Christ should surpass the challenges faced because of what Christ had done on the cross in Calvary. 

Incomplete thoughts leads to incomplete posts, hence, do forgive me for this awkwardly out of place ending.

Hannah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to you on my Feedly - to check up on you and I know Christ is being formed in you through thick and thin. Let's continue to have real talks! I especially identify with your statements that only love for Christ & His Gospel gives us that unconditional love for people. I recently wrote out that..

You receive love from Christ by meditating on the Gospel

You then love God

And you then love people...

Step by step process, daily! I am so glad we are learning the same things on the narrow road (sometimes I forget it is narrow because what we do is so much alike with the world. May He lead us to be countercultural and counterintuitive!)

Love
Eunice