Thursday 2 August 2018

365.


It's funny how much three hundred and sixty-five days can change your life. 

Thinking back a year ago, I had recently graduated, four years of university life had come to an end, but I knew that the studying had not ended. for at the end of my year of work, there are still papers to be sat for, and passed before I officially qualify. 

And today, three hundred and sixty-five days later, I find myself on the register, as a qualified professional. How did I get here?

Through the year, I see God's hands leading and guiding, providing as I walk with Him. Yet through the year, I have failed Him. doubted, questioned His righteousness. Everyday, I don't love God as I should, I don't love people as I should. But everyday, God's mercy renewed, for He holds on to me, patiently holding on to me, holding fast to my faith, for without it, I will surely fail. 

And three hundred and sixty-five days had been showered with much tears, more than I cared to admit. Yet in tears, I can thank God for Christ. 

For no matter how I feel, in Christ, there is no condemnation. Oh, the grace and mercy shown on the cross! 
For no matter how I feel, I can rest in the unchanging truth of the death and resurrection of Christ. 
For no matter how I feel, the victory with sin had been won. 
For no matter how I feel, there is great joy to be found in the Cross of Christ. 

For when my faith is weak, all I can do is to plea that He holds me to Himself, keeping me to persevere and endure this race. 

What next? Whatever it is, I am called to be a faithful servant, wherever I am. 

Hannah 

No comments: