Saturday 7 March 2015

Motivation.

With next week being the Christian Union's(CU) events week*, planning had been hectic. People to email, things to sort out, communication with the team etc.

Today, I was told to be reminded of why I'm serving. Why am I motivated to serve Jesus, to want to share Jesus to the campus. The good "textbook" answer would be because I want to glorify God, to want people in my campus to know about Jesus, for them to experience this love that I've received by grace from God, because I am a helpless sinner.

I was reminded that when things seem to be overwhelming and everything just seem to be like a task that I'm ticking off the to-do list. "Stop! Remind yourself of the gospel, of how Jesus died for sinners, how my salvation is purely based on Jesus' work on the cross, and God's unconditional love, and His undeserving grace towards me. Remember that, and remember why you are doing what you're doing."

Just like one beggar telling the other "Here's where you can find bread"; Here's one broken person saying to you, "Here's the One who can make you whole."

Please do be praying for the week.
Pray for the speakers, that as they speak and talk about Jesus, they will be given strength to preach the gospel of Christ. That they will be strengthen and given wisdom as questions are asked through the week.
Pray for the CU members. That as we go out with trembling feet and fearful hearts to speak to people on campus, God will strengthen us and grant us courage to invite our friends to the events, to always be reminded of our motivation to do things, for God's glorification, not our own.
Pray for the people who would be coming, that seeds would be planted through this week.
Pray for the weather - One of our event is held outdoor. To be proclaiming the gospel outside the four walls of a room is such a great opportunity to do so. Pray that the weather would be good, and people will come for it.

May my weaknesses bring glory to the One who deserves all glory.

Hannah

*Events week is a week of events set out by the Christian Union to be focused on being sent out to the campus bringing the gospel message to others and telling others about Jesus.

No comments: