Monday 8 December 2014

Prayer.


Trust God, more than you trust yourself.

Dearest heavenly Father, 
Thank you, for an opportunity to be working with people. Thank you for the struggles, for the opportunity to put Romans 1-3 into practice, to be reminded to be humble, that I was once dead, with nothing good at all in me, with no desire whatsoever to seek the true God who loves, but was made alive through Jesus and the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for Jesus, and the Cross. Thank you, that you so loved us, loved me, that you sent Jesus to the World, born of a virgin. Thank you for the obedience and humility of Jesus, up to his walk to the Cross. Thank you that He was in control, up to his very last breath. 
Thank you that Jesus had died for my transgression, paid the price for my sins, but did not stay dead, yet three days later, rose again, and never to die again. 
Thank you, Father, that Jesus will come again one day, and on that day, I will finally be home, to where I will truly belong. 
Help me, Father, to always remember how temporary this place is, that I do not belong here. Help me to take the opportunity to be sharing the good news of Jesus to others, because of how temporary life is. 
Give me the wisdom to know the right words to say, to be aware of where your Spirit leads, and to give me the strength to persevere through evangelism, even if it seems that there is no fruits to be sown. 
By Your grace, help me to always be reminded of Christ on the Cross, that I may never forget the great love of sacrifice that was paid for me. Help me to always know that no matter how big my troubles are, my biggest problem, my problem with sin had been conquered on the Cross. And I can rest assured that Your grace is enough. 
Help me to humble myself, to walk as Christ walked, with great humility and gentleness, having my eyes only focused on one- the One who had saved my soul. 
Thank you for the promise of the Cross, for mercy and grace and unfailing love that forgives as I fail to love you each day. 
Help me to not take this amazing grace for granted, but know that it is the power for me to say "no" to sin. 
Thank you for the material blessings, and help me to desire you more than anything here on earth. 
Thank you for the fellowship with Christian believers, and help me to edify others in my conversations. 
By Your grace and sovereign Will, may all that I do, bring glory to you. That others may see you through my life and praise You, the King, instead of the lowly servant. 
In Christ's name
Amen

Hannah

No comments: