Saturday 26 April 2014

World.

I wanted to see the world with my own two eyes. 
I wanted to capture the beauty of different scenery, 
different culture and 
different traditions in my head. 

People always asks me if I miss home,they tell me that they can't imagine travelling thousand and thousands of miles away from home. And each time I hear that, I am more and more grateful upon God's grace and strength to pull me through. I know that I've said it so many times, to be thankful for God's grace and mercy in my life. But the more I think of it, the more I can't boast in myself. When I had first arrived, all I wanted to do was hear people say " You're so brave!" and feel a little smug inside, then I've got to stop myself in thinking that. Oh the pride I have! Forgive me, Lord. But now, 7 months down the road, when people say that, all I want to do it praise God. The more I think about it, the more I feel like without God, I probably won't be able to make it. Without the conviction of the Holy Spirit, I'd probably still be living in darkness, not knowing that on the inside, I am actually dead. And most importantly, without Jesus dying on the Cross for my sin and defeated death three days later, I probably won't know the immense love shown on the Cross, the ultimate sacrifice for me, when I was still helpless. 

Do I miss home?
That's a silly question to ask, of course I do. And I can't wait to be back, to see familiar faces again. 

You are missed, friends. 

Hannah

No comments: