Wednesday 21 December 2011

Home.

Home, a simple word almost everyone uses. But do you really know what home really means?
It's more than just a place to stay, or a place where you go after a long day of school or a tough day at work.
Home, without the people in it, it wouldn't be called home. It'll be caused a house.
Do you really know what 'home' is? Only recently did I realise the true meaning of being home. It's a place where your family loves you for who you are. It's a place where you feel safe and have a sense of belonging.

My home, I have the best home ever. Because no matter what, i know that my family loves me, for me. They don't think what the world thinks of me, and for the first time, I can fit in. For I am home.

Home together with like-minded people spiritually gives me a sense of warmth too. I can be truly home, only through the death and resurrection of Christ. How else would I still be breathing if not for God's grace upon my life? How else would I still be heading to college if not for Him? How else would i still have a roof over my head and internet if not for God? I'm grateful for all of it, but yet, still not enough. The depth of God's love for me, that He was willing to sent His Son for me, sometimes, I'm still unable to grasp. I still don't understand how much sacrifice it was for that to happen

I'm not a crazy holy girl who has her bible by her side all the time, I'm not. I'm a sinner and I lie, I cheat, I steal, and I nailed Christ on that cross some two thousand years ago. And even that, sometimes i feel proud of it. And it's so sickening!

For those who have your parents by your side, appreciate them. They've worked hard to raise you, even though sometimes you think that they didn't do much, stop thinking about their flaws because everyone has it. But think about how they had scarified their life for you. How they kept using their old car that was going to break down anytime soon so you could get a new phone. How they worked countless of hours so that you could get an education and in time, contribute to the society. How they had tirelessly care for you when you were little and sick. Sometimes, they don't bother you much now because you're grown up. They scold you because they knew that you could have known better. Because they love you and know that you're better than that.

Don't let it be too late. 

Hannah

No comments: