Wednesday 9 November 2011

Emphasis.

When someone keep telling you something that pulls you down, one day, you'll start to believe their lies.
Many people tells me I'm thin and I can agree with that, but some calls me anorexic, which I am not. And because of the frequent lies that were told to me, I would begin to skip meals and eat lesser, even though I knew that I was already skinny like mad.

If someone were to keep emphasizing on the way you look or the way you talk and keep criticizing you about it, one day, without realizing it, you'll change to suit them.

Of course, when you do have a problem, the first thing you do about it is deny it. my meal skipping didn't go so far as I do get hungry and have to eat. I realized that I was becoming what they said I was and i stopped that immediately.

This blog, was actually to give inspiration and encouragement to others. My constant post that always emphasize on the beauty of someone, from the inside and not the outwards appearance, about how we all special, just by being us. This is in hope that the lies you were told by others about yourself would be replaced by how unique you really are. the REAL you.

Hannah

1 comment:

Wai Seng said...

HERE I AM AGAIN! haha anyway. i was saying, i did call you skinny, luckily i didnt say you are anorexic. ;) hmmm the thing you are doing now, in pyschology term, is called "self fulfilling prophecy". you are just fulfilling people's expectation about you, or acting according to what people think about you. it can be bad, can be good as well! to overcome this, you just gotta be confident in what you are doing. ive been talking to you for years and i can see that you are that kinda person that is not confident in the things that you are doing. (i dont know whether im right but thats what i think). oh wells! i always wanted to thank you, as a really nice and caring friend. (no one talks to me like you do, and i dont know why am i saying this here). but yea, thanks. you always make me feel better after talking to you mm. SO ANYWAY! GOOD LUCK IN COLLEGE!